On Selichot, 2019, Stella Stanway made an apples and honey cake that was wildly popular. Many people wanted the recipe. It is here, below:
APPLES AND HONEY CAKE
• 3½ cups all purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1½ cups granulated sugar
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• 3 large eggs at room temperature, whisked
• 1 cup applesauce
• ¾ cup apple cider
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
• ¾ cup best quality honey
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan, 2 paper loaf pans or a Honeycomb Pan.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Make a well in the center of the bowl and add the eggs, applesauce, apple cider, vanilla extract, evoo, and honey.
4. Using either a mixer or by hand, whisk everything together. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
5. Bake for 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
6. Cool cake on a cooling rack until it can be comfortably handled. Unmold and allow to cool completely before wrapping and storing at room temperature or freezing for up to 1 month.
7. Drizzle with honey or powdered sugar before serving if desired