Days of Awe Updates and News
The Days of Awe are coming up fast. Here are some updates:
We now have a schedule for the services. Please note that evening services begin at an earlier time – 7:30
There will be a children’s online service but the times are not yet finalized. We will notify you when they are.
ROSH HASHANAH/YOM KIPPUR SERVICES 2020/5781
Friday, September 18 – Erev Rosh Hashanah 7:30 PM (NOTE TIME)
Saturday, September 19 – Childrens’ Service 9 AM
Rosh Hashanah Morning Service 10 AM
Sunday, September 20 – 2nd Day Rosh Hashanah 10 AM (Outside, weather permitting)
Sunday, September 27 – Erev Yom Kippur/Kol Nidre 7:30 PM (NOTE TIME)
Monday, September 28 – Children’s Service 9 AM
Yom Kippur Morning Service 10 AM /Afternoon, Yizkor, and Neilah times TBD
* Services will be exclusively live-streamed
* Services will be shorter this year as they will be live-streamed. Morning services, which are longer, will have a break in the middle
* There will be no need for tickets this year
* The Yiskor book will be exclusively on-line (Please check for accuracy and let Rabbi Stanway know if there are any necessary changes at firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Shmoozeletter will be sent electronically until the pandemic comes to an end. You can download the lastest version of the Shmoozeletter using the link below. It will also be e-mailed to you using your email address on record. If you did not get it by email, please make sure to check your spam or junk file. If it is still not there, please call the office to make sure we have it correct. IF YOU MUST HAVE THE SHMOOZELETTER BY MAIL, PLEASE LET THE OFFICE KNOW – 732-222-3754
Dealing with COVID at the Temple
We have started our outdoor services and will do so throughout the summer or as long as we are able. We will comply with all state and CDC guidelines and we will gather in a safe manner.
- Seating will be spaced apart sufficiently to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Masks will be worn and provided for those in need.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the property.
- Prayer books will be available in limited supply so they may be kept in storage for 1-2 weeks and then be re-circulated.
- Restrooms will be limited to one person at a time.
- There will be no oneg.
- Exit and entry limited to rear of social hall.
Zoom services will also be broadcast simultaneously.
Religious School Registration
The registration for religious school year 2020/2021 is about to get underway. Though we are still figuring out the way we will be teaching this year – and it’s based on the virus – we will definitely have school one way or the other. Watch your email for the registration announcement.
New families: if you have any questions about the school at all, feel free to be in touch the principal, Stella Jeruzalmi Stanway at 732-222-3754. She will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.